An Electrical Certificate of Compliance (ECOC) or electrical coc is a legal document that verifies an electrical installation is compliant on the date of inspection with all the legal requirements as stipulated in the Electrical Installations Occupational Health and Safety Act of South Africa.
We all wish that our electrical installations could last a lifetime but this is unfortunately not the case. All electrical installations require regular inspections to ensure they are safe and meet the minimum standards as laid out in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Contact Electrician for COC
After your property has been inspected, you will be issued with an electrical compliance certificate. This certificate proves that your property complies with regulation and will allow the continued transfer of your property when selling your home.
An electrical certificate of compliance when issued ensures that:
- All your electrical circuits are healthy and functioning correctly.
- Your premises is free from any potential electric shock risks and fire hazards.
- Your premises is free from any defective electrical work.
- That your premises has been correctly earthed and bonded.
- When an electrician inspects your property, tests are carried out on wiring and fixed electrical equipment to ensure they are safe and free from defects.